19.10.06

Dealing with your "down" periods

Ryan and I deal with (for want of a better word) depression in a similar way. We buy stuff. A much used phrase bounced between us on email is "Money can't buy happiness... But it can buy stuff that makes you happy."

Well, I've been a bit down since my Norway trip - probably a combination of the heavy drinking, the time we wasted, the feeling of isolation I had over there, the shock of getting back to my routine, and the fact that I've not had a day off since I got back (spent all weekend training).

So, to cheer myself up, I bought a few small things. And something bigger.

To relieve the guilt from my selfish purchases, I also threw a gang of cash in this direction.

I'd recommend this form of therapy to everyone.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

but you didn't buy me a feckin' pony jerk

Anonymous said...

oh that was me, meepy :~)

Tora said...

We all need our different kinds of therapy. I just burned a CD called "Music that will make you cry" - it does.
Though sometimes a person don't really need music to start crying.

A wonderful thing to donate to this little boy :) He is only 4 years old :(

Audun said...

SHOPPING MODE YEEHAWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I could burn a CD called "Music that would even make that little kid cry"
Supermarket Moozak causes despair!
Actually I may do that.
Bryan Adams can fill a quarter of a CD with just one song.

(not meep by the way)

Ryaninja said...

Hooray for stuff! I just bought me a new webcam, not for therapy, but mainly cos it was only £30, and I couldn't resist. Yoink.

A note of interest: If you fancy some masochistic incentive for buying more stuff, watch the series Ghost Whisperer with Jennifer Love-Huge-Tits. It's all about people who die and don't say goodbye to their families etc. Some of the episodes are really quite depressing, even for a heartless barsteward like myself, and if I could remember what it was like to really feel anything anymore, it'd be worse! :)